• New Divorce Bill Strirs Controversy

    There, I Said It!--The Philippines and Vatican City are the only Catholic countries and in fact the only two countries which do not permit divorce. Image Source http://bonbonquest.blogspot.com

  • Fighting Nostalgia

    It’s been more than a week now since the last time I blogged. I was interrupted by some social events in the workplace and by some activities at home. I also noticed that I easily get tired lately that I felt the need breath out and rest so I was asleep most of the time. And during my spare time, I can’t help but to watch television these past few days, and it seems to be that it is becoming a part of my routine before I get to bed or after coming from work. That could be a sign of homesickness, a separation anxiety that anyone who’s away from home has to deal with.Image Source: http://thepleat.com/

  • World Blood Donor Day: Sharing Blood for a Cause

    What a great difference you can make if you can help other people to prolong their lives but what is even greater is if you can save their lives. Image Source: http://bloodsavelives.org

  • Overwhelming Response to BlogCritics

    From Technorati, only then I came across with Blogcritics which from my research, is an online magazine which offers writing reviews in all aspects covering all the contemporary culture and society with more than 3600 registered writers. Image Source: http://www.ryjennings.com

  • Friendster Demolition or Reinvention?

    The first time Friendster was introduced was the actual hallmark or the beginning of the interactive social media connection and "Friendster" being the pioneer was considered as the original and even the "father" of all social networks. Image Source: http://atothepandm.files.wordpress.com

  • Technorati: verifying the Claim Token

    In order to optimize my blog, I need Technorati to have my blog become more visible in search engine. Unlike here in Blogger.com, in Wordpress.com, blogs can be automatically visible from search engines by adjusting the setting without making too much effort to increase traffic, but since I migrated here, I had to register and claim authorization on my blog. Image Source: http://laughingsquid.com

  • Care for the Elderly

    Being "family oriented" is one of the great qualities that is innate among the Filipinos and this is the chain that exceptionally binds them.Image Source: http://www.elderlycare.net

  • Outlook: The Easy Way Out

    We are exposed in a battle everyday and our emotional, physical and mental health are the weapons that we have in order to fight and defeat all these daily life stresses. Image Source: http://guardian.co.uk (Photograph: Alamy)

  • Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion

    No man is an island." No matter how far we are away from home, there will be people who will come along our way and once in awhile, there will be moments of indifference and living their culture, the way to diversity and inclusion will always be the next great challenge. Image Source: http://hamptonrdsvop.files.wordpress.com

  • World Press Freedom Day

    What could have been with a world without freedom to express? It could have been a diversity of prisoners in detentions with no chance to claim the rights to be heard. It could have been a place where there is no room to break the silence and the use of mouth to speak is not possible in which the chain and the mode of communication seems to be weak and built without advocacy. Image Source: http://teesdiary.files.wordpress.com

  • At the Cross

    John 3: 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Image Source: http://www.turnbacktogod.com

Walks of Life and Beyond

Walks of Life advocates freedom of the press and freedom of self-expression, promotes the art of sharing of thoughts and highlights the significance and the power of the use of words and languages presented with a tagline that is... "The way to a free cognition is thru BLOGGING that speaks for the mind."--Azeweht

Friday, June 24, 2011

Fighting Nostalgia

Posted by Unknown On 6:44 AM 2 comments



It’s been more than a week now since the last time I blogged. I was interrupted by some social events in the workplace and by some activities at home. I also noticed that I easily get tired lately that I felt the need breathe out and rest so I was asleep most of the time.  And during my spare time, I can’t help but to watch television these past few days, and it seems to be that it is becoming a part of my routine before I get to bed or after coming from work. That could be a sign of homesickness, a separation anxiety that anyone who’s away from home has to deal with. The enemy that I have to fight against and the most anticipated dilemma of longing to be with the people I love.

Though, the feeling of nostalgia seems to be on the air, I can't go astray so I need to withstand against it. I am trying to keep myself busy after sleeping long hours just to divert my attention. Aside from hanging out across the cyber space to do some networking from the social media and aside from playing with the different online media platforms across the web, the “The Filipino Channel” or “TFC” seems to be working out and a simple way to reach out.  Just by watching this community channel, it actually minimized the feeling of being far away from home. I even tend to become more updated on what’s going on our national television be it news updates, documentaries or some television series.

I would not deny and be ashamed that nowadays I am becoming fond watching the different telenovelas like “Minsan Lang Kita IIbigin,”  and “Guns and Roses,” to name a few. I am even watching “The Biggest Loser” up to “Krusada,” and “Patrol ng Pilipino.”  I was never fond watching any teleserye when I was still in the Philippines. I would rather watch some documentaries, some segments of Boy Abunda like “The Bottomline," or even watch "Storyline" but not telenovelas but I started to learn watching it after coming here in Saudi Arabia because somehow, it makes me feel like I am home.

Some of my colleagues just arrived from the Philippines. Two of them are actually my closed friends and I know how they are feeling at the moment, especially at those moments when they were still seated while the plane was on the air flying on the way here or while they were waiting to reach the land of their destination. I know how it feels like going back to work again after coming from a long vacation trip. And this is actually the worst feeling ever which is usually being experienced by the overseas workers.

Most of the overseas workers would spend some few days trying to get away from the crowd after coming from land of origin. The thoughts of wanting to go back home would linger and there would be crying moments from which they can’t help but to embrace the feeling of loneliness. That is natural but as overseas workers we have to deal with it and we can’t let ourselves dwell with it for a long time. We can’t let ourselves get too much affected by what we feel.

To surmount such anxiety and such feeling of wistfulness, the need to express or verbalized feelings is really necessary to lessen all the burdens. And this is one thing that is much more advisable rather than just to keep it to one self. It’s not a sign of weakness to let others see us cry or let them know that we cried. It is just one way or another to make us feel and express ourselves that we are also humans. And for us to gain strength, sometime we have to let go of those negative feelings.

Though we left our country to work, we also have to remember once in awhile that we are also human and life is not for work alone. Sometimes, we need to cry, that's alright, but most of the times we need to smile and feel good and happy about ourselves because all these serve as fuels in order for us to get stronger and even tougher to face all the daily battles away from home.

These are different ways to fight against the feeling of nostalgia and the above mentioned are just the few things we can ride on in order to deal with it. The role of friends as our immediate support system would always be on top of the lists and it is advisable to connect and to meet people whom we can get along with and whom we can trust. We can always go out and hang out with them, and they are the ultimate shock absorbers  whom we can rely on and whom we can always talk to. Their significance will always be experienced and appreciated especially in times like this.

Though melancholia inevitably comes along the way, we have to go against it. We have to let go and never embrace it for long time. Neither anxiety nor depression can rule our lives. We have to get over with it and move forward. Life is so short to dwell with it.


Image Source: http://thepleat.com/
Written By|Azeweht
 




2 comments:

And I am on my way home at the end of the month. Yehey.!!! Wanna come..? lol

Was kinda busy also manipulating wordpress...

Wow!!! shall I come?..I wish I can come!! hehehe I miss Philippines!!.. :D
well then, enjoy your vacation leave, have a nice and safe trip in advance.. =)

and ohh.. how's wordpress?!! i know, it's kinda hard manipulating it at first, but i know it will be easy on you.. =)

Post a Comment

We can talk here! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...